Your Baby's Health
Eat well, stay healthy and be active. Check out the resources below, including a vaccination schedule and helpful parenting tips.
Affordable Child Care
The Illnois Dept. of Healthcare (IDHS) knows how important it is for you to find quality child care for your child. The IDHS Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) and your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agency are working together to support families to get the information and resources you need to find and select the best child care for their child. Find out more about programs available to you at the link below.
Positive Parenting Tips for 2-3 and 3-5 year olds
Here are some things that you, as a parent, can do to help your child.
Find a Doctor
Cook County Health & Hospital System (CCHHS) is comprised of two hospitals and a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, as well as other health services, including CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan. Locate your closest health care provider by clicking below.
Food for Your Family
Since 1979, the Greater Chicago Food Depository has been Cook County’s food bank by providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community. The Food Depository works in partnership with 700 agencies and programs including pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and responses for children, older adults and veterans. Learn where food is distributed near you.
Farmers Markets accepting SNAP (SNAP users receive Double Value coupons for produce at these locations, as part of Link Up Illinois)
- Barrington Farmers Market, Cook St. & Main St., Barrington
- CCHHS – Oak Forest Health Center, 15900 S. Cicero Ave., Oak Forest
- CCHHS – Robbins Health Center, 16450 W. Kedzie Ave., Robbins
- CCHHS – Cottage Grove Health Center, 1645 Cottage Grove Ave., Ford Heights
- Elgin – Harvest Market, 200 N. Grove Ave., Elgin
- Evanston Farmers Market, University Place & Oak Ave., Evanston
- Glenview Farmers Market, 1510 Wagner Rd., Glenview
- Morton Grove Farmers Market, 6210 Dempster St., Morton Grove
- Northbrook Farmers Market, Cherry Lane & Meadow Rd., Northbrook
- Oak Park Farmers Market, 460 Lake St., Oak Park
- Palos Heights Farmers Market, 12217 S. Harlem Ave., Palos HeightsPark Forest Farmers Market, 271 Lakewood Blvd., Park Forest
- Park Ridge Farmers Market, 15 Prairie Ave., Park Ridge
- Orland Park Farmers Market, 14750 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park
Top Box Foods
Top Box Foods is a year-round resource for affordable, nutritious fresh fruit, vegetables, and proteins for anyone and everyone who wants to bring healthy food home, and help their neighbors do the same. You can pick your Top Box deliveries at Grace Methodist Church in Blue Island (12739 Maple Ave) and many other locations throughout Cook County. On delivery day, you can pay for your order with your LINK Card, Credit/Debit, Cash, Check or Money Order.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Women, Infants and Families (WIC): Get help providing food and nutrition education for your family by accessing WIC benefits. Money is available for pregnant women, new moms, and children up to age five. Please call: 1-800-323-4769
Chicago Child Care Society
The Chicago Child Care Society (CCCS) has been supporting children and families for nearly 170 years. CCCS provides community-based education and human services that address current and emerging needs to those living in the south suburbs, among other places.
Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services is responsible for providing healthcare coverage for adults and children who qualify for Medicaid, and for providing Child Support Services to help ensure that Illinois children receive financial support from both parents.
Forest Preserves of Cook County
Health professionals recommend at least one hour of physical activity each day. The Forest Preserves are the perfect places to pursue family physical fitness.